INSTRUMINE (The Instrument Sharing Community) is a community of musicians borrowing and lending their instruments to each other. Share your own instruments and help a fellow musician in need, and make a bit of extra money in return – or find an instrument to borrow when you need it. To join, just register and create your music profile.
IMPORTANT: In order to make the exchange safe and official, the instrument owner should print the following official contract and fill in the information. Make sure that both parties sign it and have a copy of it. Click here to DOWNLOAD your "Personal Property Agreement"
When creating your profile, we advice you to be specific by adding your name, city, biography, and anything else that lets other musicians know who you are and shows how reliable you are.
Learn more in the F.A.Q. below.
HOW DO I BORROW AN INSTRUMENT?
- Make a request to the owner from the instrument's page and explain who you are and why you want to borrow their gear. Please provide as much information as possible on the situation and your background;
- Arrange dates, times and means of payment with the instrument owner;
- Take accurate pictures of the equipment at the moment of the exchange – in order to not risk being held responsible for any damage you didn't cause – then sign the agreement. If possible, invite the owner to your show and enjoy your new musical connection!
HOW DO I LEND AN INSTRUMENT?
- Add your instrument by clicking the button in the top right corner of the website, and fill in the form, adding all the information you think might be of interest to other musicians.
- When musicians contact you, decide if you feel comfortable helping them by lending them your instrument. Then work out together how to arrange your collaboration.
- Print and sign the agreement. At the moment of the exchange, take accurate pictures of the instrument – to avoid future discussions regarding any damages that could occur – and make sure to have a copy/photo of their ID card/passport. That's it, you have now made a great contribution to the musicians’ community! If possible, don't just cash in; support them and attend their show!